A random “internet find” has recently led to three happy events:
- I finally know what to do with the Mason jar of chia seeds occupying our pantry cupboard.
- Since sharing this with her, a busy mom of two (a spunky little breakfast-skipping co-worker) has changed her ways.
- Dessert is back in our lives for the first time since I started this whole Clean Eating thing.
Vanilla Chia Pudding
- 3/4 cup almond milk, unsweetened (vanilla or plain)
- 2-3 tsp maple syrup or honey
- 1 tsp pure vanilla extract
- 4 tbsp chia seeds
DIRECTIONS: Add all ingredients to a Mason jar (500 mL) or any container with a tight lid (glass is best). Give the concoction a good shake or stir, and refrigerate for at least 6 hours (preferably overnight). When ready to eat, give another good stir and add favourite toppings like nuts, seeds, berries and/or sliced fruit. Adjust the thickness of the pudding with extra almond milk, if needed. Refrigerate for up to 5 days. Makes one serving.
NUTRITIONAL INFORMATION: Calories: 308.5 per serving; Total Fat: 13.9 g; Cholesterol: 0.0 mg; Sodium: 136.8 mg; Total Carbs: 30.1 g; Sugars: 8.4 g; Dietary Fiber: 20.8 g; Protein: 12.8 g
- The texture most closely resembles tapioca pudding, but in a distant cousin (eight-times-removed) kind of way.
- Seriously, so easy to throw together the night before you need it.
- Divide a single serving into two portions and eat for dessert.
- Source: Olena at ifoodreal