A new TDW signature cocktail just in time for the holiday season! Enjoy this “cleaner” version of the timeless Bloody Mary with guests and loved ones.
- 4 oz. vodka (the upper-shelf stuff, such as Grey Goose, is best)
- 12 oz. organic tomato juice or vegetable cocktail (low sodium)
- ¼ to ½ tsp wasabi paste
- 1 oz. fresh-squeezed lime juice (reserve wedge to rim glass)
- 4 dashes Bragg’s
- 2 pinches celery salt
Blend all ingredients together with immersion blender and pour into a pitcher over ice. Makes 2 cocktails.
Recipe will double or triple well for a crowd.
Rim several lowball glasses with lime wedge and celery salt. Garnish with celery stalk, olives, or something festive!
- “Tomatoey” goodness with a little kick!
- Keep all ingredients on-hand throughout the holiday season — just in case you get surprise visitors. (These go together in a snap and look really impressive!)
- Substitute hot sauce for the wasabi to achieve a more lasting heat. (Personally? I’m not a fan of the “lasting heat” but can totally handle wasabi any ‘ol time.)
- Make a second batch, omitting the vodka, so that kids or designated drivers can join in. (Add fun straws to the non-alcoholic drinks to help keep track of which ones are which.)
- Source: Another TDW Kitchen original