While doing a bit of filing and shredding this weekend in preparation for tax season, I ran across a not-yet-posted recipe created in our kitchen LAST SUMMER.
Pretty sad, right?
Let’s use this as the perfect excuse to make a delicious smoothie, put on a playlist of upbeat tunes, and go tackle some more Spring Cleaning!
2 cups fresh greens, packed (spinach or kale would work best)
1/2 cup unsweetened organic applesauce
1 + 1/2 cups filtered water
1/2 cup frozen green chickpeas
7 chunks frozen pineapple (or three rings of fresh)
2 full sprigs of fresh mint (small palm full)
INSTRUCTIONS: Toss greens, applesauce, and water into blender and blend until smooth. Next, add chickpeas, pineapple, and mint. Blend until smooth, adding a splash extra of water if needed. Serve in a tall glass or take your smoothie “to go” in a Mason jar. Dairy-free and vegan-friendly. Makes one large portion.
- The fresh mint really adds a nice kick to this veg and fruit smoothie.
- Green chickpeas taste nothing like their brown counterparts, so if you’re not normally a fan, these may change your mind!
- Smoothies are the ultimate in “I’m not quite awake” cooking! Prep and portion everything beforehand for added ease.
- It’s worth investing in a powerful blender. We have a Breville, but anything like a Vitamix or Blendtech would definitely do the trick!
- Source: TDW Kitchen Original