Hey, all you avocado lovers out there! Want to raise your brunch game? Try these! They’re oh-so-simple, take minutes to make, look fancy enough to serve in a café, and taste delicious!
- 1 large avocado, halved lengthwise
- 2 free-run eggs, medium or large
- 2-4 tbsp. of finely crumbled feta cheese
- freshly ground salt and pepper, to taste
Cut avocado in half lengthwise. Remove stone. Do not peel. Scoop out a bit of the avocado meat (but don’t go too crazy) to create a good-sized hollow.
Place onto lined, ungreased baking dish or pan. Crack one egg into each hollow, making sure not to break the yolk. Sprinkle with feta cheese, then season with salt and pepper.
Pop in the oven for 15 minutes at 350 degrees Fahrenheit. Add a side of salsa. Serves one.
- This goes great with sides too! We like to serve it with items such as chicken bacon, gluten-free toast, breakfast potatoes, and/or a small bowl of fruit.
- The avocado halves can be a bit wobbly, especially when moving the baking pan or dish into the oven. I’ve found that making little tinfoil nests for them to sit in while they cook (and before I crack the eggs into them) keeps the avocado halves from tipping over and spilling goop everywhere. And yes, this tip comes from personal experience…
- Source: Unknown